Welcome to Southern Oregon University
We are delighted to welcome you and your student to our community. During our annual Week of Welcome at SOU, there are specific programming opportunities for parents and family members.
Orientation elements consist of a few key sessions where you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about a variety of student services including housing, financial aid, student health and wellness, and community safety
- Meet university staff and become acquainted with their roles in the university community and their contributions to student learning and development
- Meet current SOU students to hear about life at SOU
- Learn the ways parents and families can contribute to the adjustment and achievement of an SOU student
- Find answers to your questions about student life away from home, and the academic and social environments at SOU
Orientation is not mandatory, but gives students an important head start in preparing for their college career. Parents are not required to attend, but by participating in Orientation events they can learn more about SOU and gain a greater understanding of what students will be experiencing and what resources are available to them through SOU.
Connect with other SOU Parents and families on our Facebook page. Learn about Campus Safety and Conduct during COVID.
Over the summer SOU held six virtual Raider Registration programs. Parents and families were encouraged to attend. If you missed the opportunity, here are some videos from the Raider Registration program you may be interested in viewing:
Student Life at SOU
SOU Office of the Dean of Students
Stevenson Union, Room 321
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520